Worldcon 76 will conduct the elections to select the site of the 2020 Worldcon and the 2019 North American Science Fiction Convention (NASFiC). To vote in either of these elections, you must be an attending or supporting member of Worldcon 76. At the time you vote, you will pay an additional amount called the Advance Supporting Membership fee, which is a supporting membership in the Worldcon or NASFiC, regardless of which site wins the election. This money goes to the winning Worldcon or NASFiC bid regardless of who wins or how you voted.
Site Selection Voting
Paper site selection ballots were mailed in Progress Report 3 to those members who requested paper publications. You can download PDFs of the site selection ballots below.
Site Selection Ballots
Download these directly by right-clicking (or the equivalent) in your browser and using the "save link as..." (or its equivalent) option. Once downloaded, you should be able to fill the ballot out in Acrobat Reader and save it to email back to us.
You can vote in these ways:
In advance of the convention :
1. By postal mail, sending a paper ballot and payment to Worldcon 76.
2. By electronic mail, sending a PDF or scanned copy of the ballot to Worldcon 76. To vote by this method, you will need to purchase a "voting token" for the Advance Supporting Membership fee from the Worldcon 76 web site. (See Instructions below.)
How to Purchase a Voting Token
- Log back into RegOnline with the email address you used to register in the first place.
- Enter your e-mail address in the Email Address field and press Continue. Use the address you supplied when you registered.
- RegOnline will send you a validation e-mail. Use the link in that e-mail to access your membership account.
- Under Edit, select Upgrades and Add-Ons. If you have multiple memberships associated with your e-mail address, select the membership for which you want to buy the voting token.
- You may need to create or supply a password to continue.
- Under Upgrades and Add-Ons, select the Site Selection Options you want to purchase. You can select either Worldcon 2020 Site Selection ($50), NASFiC Site Selection ($30), or both of them.
- Press Continue and complete the payment process.
- You will receive your voting token(s) by e-mail at the e-mail address you used to access your account.
At the convention (Payment by cash, check, or credit card accepted at the convention. Voting will close on August 18, 2018):
- In person at the Site Selection voting desk in the Exhibit Hall.
- By sending your ballot with some other person to deliver to the Site Selection voting desk in the Exhibit Hall on your behalf.
Filed Bids for the 2020 Worldcon and 2019 NASFiC
Worldcon 76 has accepted complete filings from the following bids for future conventions.
New Zealand in 2020
Utah for 2019