A quick update on Worldcon 76 as we come to the end of 2016:
If you haven't been watching our Facebook page, you may have missed some recent announcements about registration. We are working on bringing that here to the website as well, but for now here's what you need to know.
Most of our activity on Worldcon 76 is still behind-the-scenes. We've started building up our program, events, and exhibits divisions, and they are diving right into designing our convention; we want to make it as spectacular as we can. While that has been going on, there have been a number of developments on the membership front that you might want to know about:
- If you voted in Site Selection for Worldcon 76, you should have received notification* by this point on how to complete updating your registration status in our system. The process is slightly different for folk who did not pre-support the San Jose bid than for those who did.
- If you did not pre-support, your information had to be transcribed from paper forms. That information was not quite enough to fill in all the blanks on our registration forms.
*Note: We are using an outside vendor, RegOnline.com, for our registration process and database. This lets us take advantage of its privacy protections and payment and lodging integrations. Unfortunately, some email handlers may classify messages from that system as spam. So if you have not received a message, and you think you should have, take a peek in your spam folder!
- Please note that January 31, 2017 is an important date for two reasons:
- It is the final date for us to transmit membership information to Worldcon 75 (Helsinki) for the process of determining eligibility to nominate for the 2017 Hugo Awards. If you wish to participate in the nomination process, you must be a valid supporting member of Worldcon 75 or Worldcon 76 by that date. (Members of MidAmeriCon 2, the 74th World Science Fiction Convention, are also eligible to nominate, but we are not responsible for transmitting that data.)
- It is the final date to register at our early-bird membership rates. The rate for Attending Adult Memberships increases to $190 at 12:01AM Pacific Time on February 1, 2017.
We hope you and yours have enjoyed a pleasant holiday season as 2016 winds to a close; you can expect to see many more announcements and changes on this website as 2017 begins!
Conference Chair, Worldcon 76